gbCodeIndent is a PowerBASIC source code formatting utility. It recognizes and formats a wide range of coding structures. Settings are available to manage indentation,
blank lines and comments within the source code. A Scintilla-based text editor, with
syntax highlighting is included in gbCodeIndent.
To load source code, the user may paste code from the clipboard, open an existing file, or drop a file onto gbCodeIndent.
Once formatting is complete, the results may be placed on the clipboard or saved to a file.
To install, just unzip the contents of the distribution file into a folder of its own!
gbCodeIndent provides a variety of features:
- Source code formatting
- Indentation, blank line, and comment control options
- Scintilla-based editor with syntax highlighting
- Open/SaveAs files
- Multiple GUI options (footprint control)
- Unlimited Undo/Redo
- Quote/UnQuote and Indent/Outdent
- Pre-Formatting options (Left justify and blank line removal)
- Font Selection
- Online Help
Using gbCodeIndent is pretty darn simple. Just paste in some PowerBASIC source code
and press the "Format" toolbar button. That will immediately display the newly
formatted code, which you can copy or save to file.
You can also open an existing source code file if you wish.
There are various settings which determine how indentation, blank lines, and
comments are handled. See below for more details.
All gbCodeIndent features and settings are accessed through the toolbar buttons.
- Open - Open an existing source code file
- SaveAs - Save source code to a new file
- Clear - Delete all text
- CopyAll - Copy all text to the clipboard
- Paste - Paste clipboard content at cursor
- Plain - Left justify and remove blanks from all text
- Format - Apply formatting per user settings
- Undo - Undo last editing action
- Redo - Restore last Undo action
- Quote - Add single quote to selected lines
- UnQuote - Remove single quote from selected lines
- Indent - Indent selected lines
- Outdent - Un-indent selected lines
- Font - Display Select Font dialog
- Settings -
- Settings - Also provide dropdown menu with the following options:
- Manage Blank Lines -
- Standardize Comments -
- Remove Blanks in Plain -
- Show Text in Toolbar -
- Minimal Toolbar Buttons -
- Select Font - Display Select Font dialog
- Index Size - Allows user to select indent size (0-8)
- Max Consecutive Blank Lines - Allows user to select maximum number of allowed consecutive lines in the code
- Pre-Procedure Blank Lines - Allows user to determine how many blank lines will
- Comment Pad (#Spaces) - Allows user to select the number of spaces that will
follow a comment
- Help - Open this online Help page
The following context menu is available for the source code (Scintilla) editor. The
options are standard, self-explanatory options.
The following key combinations are available to the user to access gbCodeIndent features:
- F1 - Help
- Ctrl+R - Reset index size, max blanks lines, pre-procedure blank lines and comment
Comments and suggestions are welcome!