gbFindFolder locates any folder whose name contains a user specified string. From
a user-selected starting folder, gbFindFolder generates/displays a list of all subfolder.
It then generates a second list of those folders whose full path name contains the ser-specified
search string. The search is case insensitive.
The next image shows the main screen of gbFindFolder.
Key Features List
Key features of gbFindFolder include:
- Find folders whose name contains a specified string
- Generates list of all subfolders
- Generate additional list of matching subfolders
- Open any listed folder by double-clicking on the folder name
- Folder selection dialog
- History of last 5 folders used a starting point for a search
- History of last 5 search strings
- Double-Click history items to use in next search
- Sorted folder/matching folder lists
- User-specified font for folder/matching folder lists
- Splitter bar support to adjust viewing area of folders and matching folders
- Search results saved between sessions
- Search results (folder, matches, time-to-search) displayed in dialog caption
- Online Help
To use gbFindFolder, just specify a search string and a start folder, then press the toolbar
Search button. Search results include a list of all subfolders and a separate list of those
subfolders whose names contain the search string.
A starting folder selection dialog is available from the toolbar. Or, the starting
folder may be entered manually.
The 5 most recent search strings and starting folders are displayed. Double-click any
of the history items to place the item in current search controls.
The gbFindFolder interface includes the following toolbar.
The following options are available from the toolbar.
Opens a folder selection dialog
- New Search
Initiates a new search
- Search Within
Searches within the existing list of folders
Opens a font selection dialog
Opens the online Help page
The following key combinations are available to the user to access gbThreads features:
- F1 - Help
- F3 - Run a search
- Ctrl-F - Open folder selection dialog
- Ctrl-H - Help
- Ctrl-N - New search (clear both search results lists)
- Ctrl-S - Run a search
- Enter - Run a search or open a folder, depending on which control has focus
Miscellaneous information is provided in this section.
gbFindFolder application settings are saved in an INI file,
kept in the same folder as the gbFindFolder application.
Comments and suggestions are welcome!