gbQuickNotes allows a user to selectively save and retrieve text that
has been copied to the clipboard. Unlike clipboard monitors, which archive all content
sent to the clipboard, gbQuickNotes allows the user to be selective as to which
information it captures.
After copying text content to the clipboard in the usual way (such as Ctrl-C), the user
simply double clicks the gbQuickNotes capture icon to add the current clipboard content to the
gbQuickNotes database. The action takes place in the background and no application
window is displayed.
At any time, the gbQuickNotes application may be opened to view, copy, edit, or delete items
from the database.
To install, just unzip the contents of the distribution file into a folder of its own!
gbQuickNotes provides a variety of features.
- Selectively capture clipboard content
- Background clipboard capture (no window displayed)
- gbQuickNotes main application (database management)
- Copy selected database items to clipboard
- Edit capture Notes
- Delete one or all Notes
- Title List for scanning database content
- Automatic title generation (may be edited by user)
- Backup and restore Note database
- Font selection
- WordWrap (optional)
- Display/Edit Note database (text file) in NotePad
- Online Help
Using gbQuickNotes consists of two basic steps:
- Put clipboard content into the gbQuickNotes database by double-clicking
on the gbQuickNotes Capture icon.
- From within the main gbQuickNotes application, double-click on an entry to place
the item on the clipboard.
All gbQuickNotes features and settings are accessed through the toolbar buttons.
- New - Create new Note from clipboard content
- Delete - Delete selected Note
- Delete All - Delete all Notes (confirmation required)
- Edit - Open Note database (text file) in NotePad
- Copy - Copy Note to clipboard (without title)
- CopyAll - Copy Note to clipboard (with title)
- Backup - Create backup copy of Note database
- Restore - Restore database to content of backup copy
- Font - Select font for displaying Note title and content
- WordWrap - Apply WordWrap to Note (textbox)
- AutoSave - Save Note database when gbQuickNotes closes
- Highlight Title - Highlight the title when the textbox gets focus. Otherwise, no
highlighting when textbox gets focus.
- Help - Open this online Help page
The following key combinations are available to the user to access gbQuickNotes features:
- F1 - Help
- Ctrl+A - Copy Note to clipboard (with title)
- Ctrl+C - Copy Note to clipboard (without title)
- Ctrl+E - Edit Note database (text file) in NotePad
- Ctrl+F - Set Font
- Ctrl+N - Delete all Notes (confirmation required)
- Ctrl+W - WordWrap
- Ctrl+X - Delete selected Note
Comments and suggestions are welcome!