gbFlyZapper is a simple animation of a fly, whose path may eventually
intersect with an electronic zapper!
The application uses a special algorithm to simulate the movement
of a fly - providing a smooth path but with significant, random
changes in direction. The fly body is always rotated to face the
direction of flight. The flight path for a short distance in front
of the fly may be displayed, or the total path history may be viewed.
- Animated fly sprite
- Smoothed flight path
- Background buzzing sound
- Fly zapper
- Collision detection (fly and zapper)
- Dead fly image
- Option to view fly path history
- Fly body rotates to face the direction of travel
- Size/Position maintained between sessions
- Toolbar added to access the new options
- Stop -starts/pauses the action
- New - restarts the path
- Silence - mutes the buzzing noise
- Preview - displays the path immediately before and after the fly
- Slow - drop the speed way low to allow inspection of the results
- Path - display only the path
- Online Help
All gbFlyZapper features and settings are accessed through the toolbar buttons.
- On - Uses to Pause or Continue the game
- New - Restarts the game (erases all paths)
- Silent - Mutes the fly buzzing noise
- Preview - Displays the path immediately behind and in front of the fly
- Slow - Slows down the speed of the fly
- Path - Hides all images and displays only the path (including history)
Application settings are kept in an INI file, located in the folder where
gbFlyZapper is installed.
Comments and suggestions are welcome!